13 Ministry-Risk Trends for 2017
Like most important topics, when it comes to ministry-risk issues you’ve heard that there’s never a stupid question, right? That’s because every time someone asks a ministry-risk question, there are a number of people that had that same question, but didn’t ask it.
We’ve all been in that situation. Maybe we didn’t ask a question because we assumed that everyone knew the answer to it and we should already have the answer. On the other hand, when we hear other people ask ministry-risk questions, the answer is often something really insightful.
We’ve been tracking some of the trending ministry-risk questions that the nearly 3,000 churches we serve ask our team. We’d like to share some really common issues that have been coming up.
To help us answer them we’ve created a bunch of blogs, pages and resources for each that you might really find useful in your ministry.
- Computer Hacking: What is cybersecurity? Do we really need cyberliability?
- Guns On School Property: What are the rules?
- Recreational Marijuana in California: What does it mean for our church?
- Child Abuse In Ministry: What do we watch for and how do we stop it?
- Legal Questions: I have a legal question, who do I ask?
- Social Media and Employees: Is there a risk to our ministry?
- Emergency Command Centers: Disaster affected our community; how can we help?
- Drones: We have one; how do we use it safely?
- Water Damage: How do we prevent it as we emerge from the drought?
- Volunteers: They’re supposed to work for free, but are they costing us money?
- Disability and Special Needs Ministry: How can we help our disabled congregants?
- Foreign Travel: Our ministry crosses borders … does our insurance? What about Zika virus?
- ACA/Obamacare 2017 Changes: What’s going on?
I hope that these ministry-risk prevention materials prove helpful as you continue to work toward furthering the Kingdom.